A lot of us hear about how important it is to have a great morning routine to start the day off right. We are big proponents in creating a solid morning routine that gets you to be your best self.
However, not many people talk about how to wind down the day. It is just as important to wind down your day in a way that serves you and those around you.
A few reasons.
- So you can enjoy your evening after you complete your mission for the day.
- So you can be in a great state to spend time with the people you love.
- So you can slow down your mind/body from high gear to be ready for bed and be prepared for the next day.
The routine can be whatever you want it to be and it doesn’t have to be the same thing every night. Be creative and flexible with it.
Here’s a few examples of great ways to wind down the day:
- Read a book (fiction, inspirational, spiritual)
- Drink tea
- Talk with someone you love
- Take a cold shower
- Visualize the next day
Make sure to have fun with it! Be playful and curious!