I had a wonderful time talking with my dear friend Shaunda Brown! She was (and currently is) living in Bali for the interview. Before that she was traveling around the world, volunteering in the slums in Bangalore and taking a meditation training at the Kopan Monastery in Nepal.
She recently raised $18,500 with her event Bali Live, which was an epic 12 hour virtual festival to raise funds for the Balinese people impacted by Covid-19.
It all started as a fun idea she had while her friend Victorien Joy was playing the flute in their villa (Vic creates music to ignite joy and wonder) and evolved into the huge success it became in less than 30 days!
They had 19,000 attendees to tune in and participate in the workshops, ceremonies and talks from 32 artists from around the planet. They used the funds to build the Urban Garden Project with NGO Kopernik to support Balinese severely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. They are now building community gardens, an education center and a production hub to distribute 150 urban garden kits to families in need.
In the interview we discuss many other topics as well such as:
- How Shaunda raised $18,500 and had 19,000 attendees with Bali Live initially by sharing it with only 20 friends
- Naughty monkeys invading her Balinese villa
- Why she walked away from the status, comfort and prestige of her NYC life and into the unknown
- Volunteering in the slums of Bangalore
- Quepasana meditation in Maui, Hawaii
- Diving with manta rays in Nusa Penida, Indonesia
- Qi Gong
- Reduce taboo around death – make conversation about end of life a more compassionate and aware conversation
- How do you want to spend your last 30 days? Your last hour? Would you change anything about the way you are living your life now?
- How to shake things up, surrender, let go, flow and do something different
- Does it matter what happens after you die?
- Her default emotion of gratitude
- Vipassana 10 day silent meditation
You can also watch the video on my YouTube channel
Make sure to subscribe and share it with anyone you think will find this useful for their life.
Did you get my morning rituals checklist? Grab it here to prime your day and make sure every day becomes a win for you and those you love.