One of my favorite tools to prep for my day is to watch my simulation of the day ahead.
If you’ve ever played the game Sims, you’ll have a good picture of what I’m getting to.
Just like an athlete prepares for a game or an actress prepares for a play you must prepare for your day.
It’s a combination of mental rehearsal, visualization, and self-image.
Keys to the exercise:
- Be playful and have fun – see yourself as a cartoon 🙂
- Set a timer for 5-10 min, sit comfortably, and close your eyes
- Watch yourself from the third person perspective
- See the challenges that come up and how you overcome them
- See the way you’d like to see things go
- Keep it simple
Go forward and backward and notice the small stuff. What does it look like to watch yourself put your head on the pillow at the end of the day?
This is a fun, playful, and powerful way to show up to each day in your best form.
We get to live life one day at a time. Each day is a stepping stone to perform better in the next one.